Re: [squid-users] Squid on DualxQuad Core 8GB Rams - Optimization - Performance - Large Scale - IP Spoofing

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:56:35 -0300 (BRT)

Tony Dodd disse na ultima mensagem:
> Michel Santos wrote:
> <snip>
>> but fortunatly true that caching performance is in first place a matter
>> of
>> fast hardware
>>
>> that you can see and not only read common bla-bla I add a well-known
>> mrtg
>> graph of the hit rate of a dual-opteron sitting in front of a 4MB/s ISP
>> POP
>>
>> and I get pretty much more hits as you told at the beginning on larger
>> POPs - so I do not know where you get your squid's 1000 req limit from
>> must be from your P-III goody ;)
>>

> <snip>
>
> That RRD you attached.. is that 1600 requests per MINUTE, or was
> something lost in translation? If it is indeed 1600, that seems awfully
> low, at ~26.667 requests per second. (I'm comparing these numbers to
> what I achieve with my squid installs -- ~3600 requests/min or 60/sec on
> average; but load tested up to 18000 requests/min or 300/sec stably).

it's req/sec the min tag is only for remembering that it is averaged on
1minute base and not 5min base as standard mrtg

but probably it escaped you that the real interesting part (IMO) is the
hit rate % and not the req rate

Michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.