Fwd: Re: [squid-users] Problems with Internet Explorer

From: Alvlin <alvlin.uy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:23:58 -0200

El 18 Noviembre 2007, escribió:
> Maybe,
> access.log will show the requests being made and served. So will show
> whether the IE are actually using squid of not.
> cache.log will show any major problems squid encounters, along with
> optionally the internal processing for testing and debug.
>
> In your place I'd be checking how the IE are configured to use squid.
> manual setting of proxy name, manual setting PAC, or auto detection?
> (maybe the old ones were manually setup, new ones automatic) then
> checking the squid access.log and cache.log to see whether the requests
> are being received or what.
> If there is any possibility they are trying to go direct and
> encountering a firewall oddity. Of if squid is failing to process for
> any reason.
>
> Amos

Thanks again Amos
IE is configured manually (actually, with a little vbs script that touches the
proper registry settings). The proxy server is specified by its IP
(192.168.1.2)

It's the same in all machines.

I'll check the logs and see what happens. It will take some time, 'cause this
network is not near my place (20 Km :S) and I don't have direct ssh access to
the server, I'll have to ask my friend to enable the logs and check them.

I'll writing again in a few days :)

Santosh:
I'm sure that the problem is not related to Squid but to IE, seeing how it is
working perfectly for the other machines. AND seeing how, in the same system,
Opera works flawlessly, and so other programs like "Windows Live" or online
games.

Thanks for your answer too.

--
AlvLin
> Usuario Linux #355233
> http://counter.li.org
"los hombres nobles eluden un esfuerzo realizando otro
mucho mayor. Por no cortar una rosa, construyen un
palacio. Por no escuchar un reproche, ejercen la rectitud
toda la vida. Por no bajarse del caballo, conquistan el
Asia"
            -Alejandro Dolina, "Crónicas del Ángel Gris"