[squid-users] Listening on port 80

From: strells <strells@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:59:05 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure somebody has asked this before, but I can't find anything.

I'm desperately trying to figure out how I can listen on port 80 with Squid
(if it is even possible). My proxy at work only allows traffic on port 80,
so I am trying to set up a tunnel at home for applications that use other
ports. Squid doesn't let you run as root, yet you have to be root to access
ports less than 1024! Is there any way to do this with squid? If not, what
program could I use?

Thanks,
Steve