Re: [squid-users] Cache and Vary: Accept-Encoding header

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:02:18 +0900

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 12:41 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
> > Yup, and domas supplied a patch to dodge the behaviour but its too specific
> > to add into Squid.
>
> Totally agree, I just wanted to document it on the list. Do you see
> any good reason for the second part of the patch which comments the
> Cache-Control part?

Works for them. :) Something to fix that sort of thing may appear
sometime in the future but it depends on interest and funding.

If someone coded up a much more flexible version which used maps and lists
to turn things like Accept-Encoding: into a canonicalised form then
I'd be extremely happy.

Suffice to say it'd just be better if the UA's were just fixed :)

Adrian