[squid-users] Compile Time Options

From: Jason <jason.wallace@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:58:07 -0700

Gang,

    I'm getting ready to build squid from the command line (until now
I've just relied on the .deb packages but they are sooo outdated) for
Ubuntu 6.06 and Debian 4.0r1. I would like to know what command line
options I should use when I "make" it, ie, options that will put the
conf file in /etc/squid/, log files in /var/log/squid, etc. My cache is
for an ISP that connects via satellite, so bandwidth savings is
paramount. Also, it is done transparently via iptables (which works
mostly...). Any command line options that add performance (coss?) would
be appreciated too.

Jason Wallace