Re: [squid-users] Squid, ICAP and logs

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:14:06 -0700

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 09:50 +0100, Bourdaraud Vincent (NSN - FR/St-Ouen)
wrote:

> Yes, this hack is working.

Glad to hear that.

> By the way, logging ICAP response headers would be far cleaner, yes,
> since hacks tend to stop working with new versions ;) Our server is able
> to add information within ICAP header (it is its default behavior).
>
> Do you think it would be difficult to add this feature to squid?

A clean implementation should add an "<icapFirst", "<icapLast", or
"<icapAll" format specification to the logformat option, similar to the
existing "<h" specification. While Squid3 currently supports only one
ICAP service invocation per HTTP message, that is likely to change and
so there could be multiple ICAP responses to get the header from. A
capable developer should be able to add support for one of those options
in under 8 hours.

You can find capable Squid developers at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/services.dyn but keep in mind that
the list has not been managed yet and has many irrelevant entries.

HTH,

Alex.