Re: [squid-users] squid process uses 99% CPU

From: <sampei02@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:18:12 +0100 (CET)

I'm using about these ACL:

N° 600 acl : acl pc_name src IPADDRESS, http_access pc_name
             (to grant access to web navigation)

N° 13 acl with nai_list url_regex
N° 12 acl with audiosp rep_mime_type -i ^application/x-mms-framed
N° 26 acl with dstdomain
N° 6 acl with streaming_mediaq req_mime_type
N° 7 acl with time

What do you think ?
But I'd like making precise that Squid uses only sporadically high cpu; it occurs when especially Internet traffic is increasing. Someone
suggests to update squid from 2.5 Stable3 to 2.6 Stable18 with necessary Kernel because it uses "epoll" system calls.

Riccardo

>> I'm using squid version 2.5.STABLE3 on HP Proliant server with Intel 2.8
>> Ghz CPU + 1 GB RAM.
>> Sometimes it happened squid proces used about 99% cpu and this
>> inefficiency persisted for 10-15 minutes in discotinuous way. Squid uses
>> normally less 10 % cpu What can I check if it occurs again ? suggestions
>> please ?
>>

> What kind of ACLs are you using? This sounds like a problem I was having
> a number of years ago due to lots of regex acls.
>
> Chris

Tiscali Voce 8 Mega: Telefono + Adsl a soli € 4,95 al mese.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/mail/