[squid-users] cache_peer_access and multiple squid ports

From: Matthew Smith <mps@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:35:45 +1100

Hello!

I have a squid box that I want to have listen on two ports for
requests. I also have two parent proxies. I'd like to send requests
from port A to parent A, while requests from port B should go to
parent B.

My config is as follows:

http_port 3128
acl portA myport 3128

http_port 8090
acl portB myport 8090

cache_peer parentA.mydomain.local parent 3128 0 no-query no-digest
login=PASS
cache_peer_access parentA.mydomain.local allow portA

cache_peer parentB.mydomain.local parent 8080 0 no-query no-digest
login=PASS
cache_peer_access parentB.mydomain.local allow portB

access_log /var/log/squid/a_access.log squid portA
access_log /var/log/squid/b_access.log squid portB

Now, while the access logs print out the data as appropriate for each
port, the requests on port B always seem to end up going DIRECT, while
the first up requests are going to FIRST_UP_PARENT.

I have tried "never_direct allow portB" to force portB requests to
never be direct, but that does not work either...

I figure I am missing something. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Matt Smith