Re: [squid-users] Problems accessing www.oracle.com (squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.12/ CentOS 4.3)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:34:44 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi,
>
> We have been using squid for several years with great success and
> excellent reliability. I would like to thank all those who have
> contributed to this cracking app.
>
> Up until yesterday we could browse to www.oracle.com via squid.
>
> In the past we overcame difficulties accessing this site by disabling
> caching:
>
> acl ORA1 dstdomain .oracle.com
> acl ORA2 dstdomain .oracle.nl
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
> no_cache deny QUERY ORA1 ORA2
>
> But now this no longer works. I verified that squid can access the site.
> Connectivity is 100%. I've disabled tcp_ecn on the linux box, but still
> no joy. Literally every other website can be browsed perfectly.
>
> If someone has any suggestions as to how I can fix this I would be most
> grateful.

Sounds like something has changed at oracles end that squid 2.5 can't handle.

It may be the HTTP/1.1 chunked brokenness that has been causing many
problems these last few months.

Use squidclient to detect what is coming/going to squid, or chack your
cache.log for details of what squid doing on those requests.

Amos