[squid-users] Re: cannot auth win 2003 users with squid ldap_auth

From: Alan Walker <alan.walker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:36:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Sheldon,

When you run squid_ldap_auth by itself, it should sit there with no prompt. At
this point you would type a username and password (separated by a space, such as
"administrator pasword") and if it exists (or at least if the search is
successful), you should see OK. If the search did not find that
username/password you see ERR, so you may have it already there.

Your details look basically OK. I found that when I had the -D details wrong I
would get messages such as "credentials invalid"

Alan.