Re: [squid-users] automatic migration of config files from 2.6 to 3.0

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:59:12 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi,
>
> Is there a utility that comes with squid 3.0 package that will
> automatically
> migrate any existing lower version squid configuration to reflect with the
> new version? I know this sounds a lazy kind of administration technique,
> but these will help a lot on proxy farms especially you have different
> type
> of machines and specs..
>
> Just curious about it.

There is nothing to do automatic migration. Individual setups are just too
individual.
I planned to make one but settled with an online validator similar to the
ones W3C provide to assist updating old configuration to 2.6. It takes
your squid.conf and marks each line as OK, EVIL, USELESS, or CHANGE-TO-___

http://squid.treenet.co.nz/cf.check/

When 3.0 came out I got trapped into 3.1 updates and bugs rather than the
planned 3.0 support in the validator :-( If you poke me a few times,
2.6stable18 and 3.x rules might happen over this month.

Amos Jeffries