[squid-users] Reverse Proxy Browser Regex

From: frog <frog@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:46:23 -0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I've been running a reverse proxy here for sometime quite successfully.
However now I am looking into blocking certain useragents from accessing
the various sites currently being served by Squid.

I have created a new acl using the following:

acl badbrowsers browser "/etc/squid/badbrowsers.conf"
http_access deny badbrowsers

In /etc/squid/badbrowsers.conf I created a test entry of ^libwww and
restarted squid.

Squid runs and indeed serves sites but using
http://www.botsvsbrowsers.com/SimulateUserAgent.asp to simulate a
useragent of libwww I was able to connect successfully and was not denied
access as I hoped.

Unfortunately my grasp of using regular expressions is extremely limited
verging on non existant.

Would anyone have an example that I could use to block libwww for example?

Best regards
Robert