Re: [squid-users] squidGuard - log but allow access

From: Dennis B. Hopp <dhopp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:04:03 -0500

Quoting Marcus Kool <marcus.kool@urlfilterdb.com>:

> Dennis,
>
> A negation (!) is needed if you want "Pornography NOT to pass".
> The pass line should be:
> pass !Pornography !Warez all

I know that. I was trying to get it to pass but log. Every free
blacklist that I have used seems to use "porn" as the defacto
category. I've seen flickr.com, youtube.com and other image/video
sharing site be classified as porn. I know you can probably find
explicit images on these sites but the sites themselves aren't
ponographic (in my opinion).

So I needed a way to log where people were going so that I can then
try and reclassify some sites but not get questioned "Why is this
considered porn" when they are looking at pictures of their new grand
child.

The "log verbose" statement Ben sent worked just like I wanted.

--Dennis