Re: [squid-users] Unable to access a website through Suse/Squid.

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 13:30:44 +0200

Hi Terry,

> Yea, im lost on this one. Ethereal doesn't show anything strange, just
> the initial connection request, just doesn't seem to get anything back.

I tried connecting from a machine running openSUSE 10.3 (without going
through a proxy). There is something weird in the first reply from the
server in the TCP section of the package analysis:

TCP Analysis Flags: A segment before this frame was lost

In the following frames I see:

This frame is a (suspected) retransmission

And then the connection stops. No idea what that means, though. Maybe that
helps.

> Doesn't really make sense that only this one site (at least that I know
> of) is having this issue. The SUSE firewall is turned off, network card
> is configured properly, etc...

Well, that seems to be a strong hint that something is wrong with this
server. Could you try from another Linux distribution to rule out it's a
bug in openSUSE?

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht                      peter.albrecht@opensourceschool.de
Open Source School GmbH             Tel: +49-89-287793-83