Re: [squid-users] DNS options for Windows port of Squid 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 14:14:32 +0200

On tis, 2008-05-06 at 13:25 +0200, H.Lekin wrote:
> Reconfiguring the Squid service with the -k option after being dialed in
> works in principle, but is not allowed from an user's account
> (OpenSCManager failed).

That should be fixable somehow I think..

Isn't it possible to set up system triggers run when the dialup
interface goes up/down? Not very familiar with Windows unfortunately..

The few times I have run Squid on windows I have always been logged in
on an administrator account, and had no problems to run "squid -n squid
-k reconfigure".