[squid-users] What's missing from 2.6 for full HTTP/1.1 support?

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:53:29 -0400

Hi,

I've had a few folks ask me what exactly is missing from squid
(2.6STABLE18 in our case) that prevents it from advertising itself as
an HTTP/1.1 client. We've run across the occasional origin server
that, for whatever reason, is throwing away *all* 1.1-specific headers
- including Host:, which causes the most breakage - and it's been
suggested that we modify the source to hard-code the GET to say HTTP/
1.1, even though per spec I know this really shouldn't be done.

So the question I have is - what exactly is missing from squid 2.6
that prevents full HTTP/1.1 support? I know this is a milestone goal,
but I'm curious where the code is today (vs., say, where is in 3.0,
and planned future versions).

Thanks,

-Chris