Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 vs. 2.6 Releases

From: Matt <lm7812_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:15:20 -0500

>> I have problems with users connecting to websites on IIS servers not
>> able to authenticate with user name and password. Some other user
>> complains they cannot upload .NET. Will the chunked-encoding issue
>> cause this?
>
> No. Thats another two issues altogether.
>
> The authentication one is probably a configuration issue. But may be an
> auth bug.
>
> The upload one may be related to squid blocking unknown HTTP request
> methods, or the size of the objects being uploaded.
>
> A good cache.log trace of the two operations should lead you to the problem.

On the authentication issue I tried changing log level to 9 for a
short time but it did not tell me much. Saw the POST when the
username and password was submitted but not much else. Its a IIS/6
server with ASP.NET version 2. Looks to be using javascript to log
in.

Any ideas what I can change on Squid to make it work? Its does this
both in transparent and non-transparent modes. I was hoping maybe
Squid v3 had some improvements that would make it work.

Matt