Re: [squid-users] cache only certain files?

From: Anton Melser <melser.anton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:14:23 +0200

Thanks for that.
The problem is the following: I have an *extremely* complicated, large
and poorly written web application. While it was intended to cache
gracefully and properly, the coders that came before me (after the
base product but before the end of the guarantee! I'm now maintaining
it) just went ahead and wrote like pigs, not taking any consideration
of this. To show the homepage causes around 200 database connections.
And the site is extremely slow... and more than a few hundred
simultaneous users and the site simply dies... and yet I have been
asked to find a solution, without spending the time necessary to redo
all the modules that don't allow proper caching. And with NO budget.
So we get rid of the parts of the site that simply can't be cached on
the most used pages, and for the rest, which is 2000-odd pages - 25,
let it do its 200 db connections.
Anyway, I was getting away with myself. I DO have a need for this, and
it looks as though mod_cache is a much better choice for all the
caching I've ever needed to do so far (only reverse proxy acceleration
and load balancing) as my use case is taken into account in the most
basic way.
Thanks for all your help!
Best wishes,
Anton

--
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc
This will help you for 99.9% of your problems ...