Re: [squid-users] cache only certain files?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 17:38:16 +0200

On 21.05.08 17:11, Anton Melser wrote:
> I'm struggling to get the logic right for only caching certain pages -
> it seems very easy to do the negative (don't cache ...) but the
> converse doesn't seem possible... I must be missing something.
> ie. I want to cache
> www.mysite.com
> www.mysite.com/hello/this.aspx?hi=there&you=there
> www.mysite.com/good/by/my/friend/this.aspx?hi=there&you=there
> www.mysite.com/images/test.gif
>
> but not the rest.

I wonder why don't you want to cache the rest. squid is here to cache, why
not to do it? If there are problems with caching any data that should not
be cached, it's caused by broken headers and can be fixed either on server,
or on squid's side.

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.