[squid-users] Problem Overwriting Host in HTTP Header

From: Marc Eckart <marc.eckart_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:19:30 +0200

Hi,

we have a squid proxy at the end of an ipsec-tunnel. This proxy
forwards our http-messages. We now have the problem that squid
overwrites the host value in the http-header. This is bad, because our
apache can not deal with ip-addresses. Squid replaces the host value
with the ip address of the server it routes towards.

Is there an option, to tell squid, that it just leaves the host value as is?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marc