Re: [squid-users] missing cachemgr.cgi

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht_at_opensourceschool.de>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:02:41 +0200

Hi ajhart,

> Thank you for everything but I think I broke it!! Yesterday when I
> followed your advice, it was working perfectly fine just like in the pic.
> Now when I want to log in with localhost, it just ........ do
> nothing!?!?
> I didn't change any settings or anything, but I did shut the server down
> for that night, and that was that!
> Once again Peter Albrecht, Thank you but what could be the cause of
> this??

Is Squid running? I.e., does it automatically start when you reboot your
server? To figure that out, please do the following:

ls /etc/init.d/rc?.d/S*squid

If you don't find any symbolic links named something like S11squid, Squid
will not start automatically. The script to start and stop Squid
is /etc/init.d/squid. If everything is set up correctly, you can start
Squid manually by either:

/etc/init.d/squid start

or

rcsquid start

(/usr/sbin/rcsquid is a symbolic link to /etc/init.d/squid on SUSE Linux).

To have Squid started automatically during system boot, do:

insserv squid

That will create the symbolic links in the directories /etc/init.d/rc3.d/
and /etc/init.d/rc5.d. For more information on this mechanism, consult the
man page

man init.d

which explains the SUSE boot concept.

Hope that helps,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht                      Tel: +49-(0)-89-287793-83
Open Source School GmbH             Fax: +49-(0)-89-287555-63