Re: [squid-users] Web Usage Statistics by Client IP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:37:23 +0200

On ons, 2008-06-11 at 21:08 +0800, Richard Chapman wrote:

> I was hoping to be able to track down the Bandwidth Usage Stats for
> individual client machines - to try to find out where all our bandwidth
> is going. I have found the Cache Manager Statistics Reports - but
> haven't found one with this info broken down by Client.
> Is it there somewhere in one of the report - or do I need some
> additional reporting tool?

I think this is only available via SNMP as part of the cacheClientTable
in the Squid MIB.

snmpwalk -Cc -Os -c public -m $PWD/mib.txt -v 1 localhost:3401 cacheClientTable

Unfortunately there is no information on how long any given client has
been using the proxy so you have to collect two samples and compare the
difference.