Re: [squid-users] adding a parameter to a URL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:25:11 +0200

On ons, 2008-06-11 at 05:51 -0700, Shaine wrote:

> I have a big problem with adding a parameter to a URL which passes via squid
> . For that i am going to use url_rewrite program. I had a big time with
> squid url rewriting, but no success.
>
> Could you please tell me , to get in to my point what are the minimum
> requirement to be satisfied ?

url_rewrite_program is the only required directive.

It's recommended to also use url_rewrite_concurrency, but you must then
adjust your helper to understand the concurrent version of the helper
protocol (a request channel number is inserted infront of helper
requests/responses)

If you don't use url_rewrite_concurrency then you most likely need to
tune url_rewrite_children a bit depending on your load, but the default
of 5 is more than sufficient for testing.