Re: [squid-users] Searching squid logs for pornographic sites

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht_at_opensourceschool.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:37:06 +0200

Hi Steven,

> I am looking for a tool that will scan the access.log file for
> pornographic sites, and will report the specifics back. We do not block
> access to any Internet sites, but need to monitor for objectionable
> content.
>
> What I am doing now is just greping for some key words, and dumping the
> output into a file. I am manually going through about 60,000 lines of
> log file, following my grep. 99% of these are false. Any help would be
> appreciated.

I'm not sure if I got you right: Are you trying to identify unwanted sites
from your access.log? Maybe the blacklists from SquidGuard can be of any
help:

http://www.squidguard.org/blacklists.html

If you compare the sites from your access logfile with the blacklists, you
should be able to figure out which are unwanted sites. You would need to
write a script comparing the files and reporting any hits.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht                      Tel: +49-(0)-89-287793-83
Open Source School GmbH             Fax: +49-(0)-89-287555-63