Re: [squid-users] open SSL distro? (and other questions)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 01:51:42 +0200

On ons, 2008-06-25 at 16:14 -0400, Dean Durant wrote:
> Hello, given that openSSL seesm to be a requirement for running any squid
> that can proxy https (or wait, it can't really proxy https, can it?), is
> there a good distro of choice to compile openSSL on? Do I need IDEA,
> RC5, and MDC2?

OpenSSL is only needed if you want Squid to act as an SSL server itself,
not for proxying of outgoing SSL connections using the CONNECT method.

> Or, if I downloaded an rpm for squid, and installed that, on redhat EL, is
> there a reason why putting https_port 3128 in my squid.conf is not working?

No.

> Is there anything special I need to proxy citrix?

No idea.

I guess it uses the CONNECT method, and in such case maybe you need to
adjust the acls to allow CONNECT to the citrix port. Do you get any
TCP_DENIED in access.log when trying to access the citrix application?