Re: [squid-users] Need help with POST problem in Squid 3.0 + ICAP client

From: Christos Tsantilas <christos_at_chtsanti.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:20:17 +0300

Hi Jones,

Yu Jones wrote:
> I am using Squid 3.0 Stable 7 + ICAP client and GreasySpoon (ICAP server) to
> customize the page. It works pretty well in Debian.
>
> However, when I browse the page, which has a form with "POST" method,the
> page will load repeatedly without finishing, such as
> http://www.redbox.com/Titles/Availabletitles.aspx. (The "POST" method can
> work well if I disable ICAP client inside Squid.) Checking the Squid log and
> GreasySpoon access.log, I can see POST in GreasySpoon log, but don't see any
> POST http in squid log, which might be the reason to cause the page to load
> repeatedly. (But I can see TCP package [TCP segment of a reassembled PDU],
> which contains Post method message.)

Wireshark or tcpdump or any packet sniffer are good tools to examine the
squid3 and ICAP server transactions.
Also posting some debug logs may allow squid3 developers to understand
where the problem is. Try to add the following line to your squid3
configuration file and examine the related server logs:
debug_options ALL,1 93,9

> Does anyone encounter similar problem with ICAP client? I appreciate anyone
I am using 1-2 ICAP servers but I had never see any similar problem.
Also there is not a such report from people using squid3/ICAP in production.
Did you report the problem to the GreasySpoon authors?

In any case if you think it is a squid3 bug you should fill a bug report.

--
   Christos