Re: [squid-users] Squid requirements

From: Michel <Michel_at_lucenet.com.br>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:32:04 -0300 (BRT)

shoot me, but as ever faster is more expensive, so if you can't afford a
Lamborghini but like what it does then buy something else what comes close and fits
your budget, hammer-speed and cheap does not exist, reasonable speed at reasonable
cost does exist, hammer-speed at low-cost does not exist unless you jump the cliff
what might result in sudden-death ... that is free and is fufufast (sudden=>now)

> I still think it's a useful pursuit. But I think that the reasons above make
> people less inclined to do it.ree and

to do what? caching? or proxying? or nothing?
while(my_input=0); (do='nothing');

> spec.org tries to level the field, if someone concocted a level field and made it
> easy for people to do, then we'd see more results.

problem is most people look for easy=>lazy and lazy=>cheap but unfortunatly that
equation does not work either

as also do not exist any valuable hardware comparism since you need to do it
yourself, means you need to look (clients, uplink, machine, bandwidth_for_each,
disired_performance, budget) and finally look at your cache and at the end it is
what_you_get_is_what_you_get_(for_your_money) ... so my friend, at the end it does
not matter what they say to buy what you _CAN_ buy and get lucky with it :)

michel

Tecnologia Internet Matik http://info.matik.com.br
Sistemas Wireless para o Provedor Banda Larga
Hospedagem e Email personalizado - e claro, no Brasil.