Re: [squid-users] Squid and polygraph

From: Marcos Dutra <macdutra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:30:01 -0300

Hi Adrian,

I saw the cacheboy project, is very intersting but, the code of
cacheboy has the same features of squid example NTLM auth? With
squid-2.6.5 (RHEL 5) in my tests with polymix-1 arrive in 200req/sec
(COSS + Aufs) but squid performance is very slow to open pages. I
compiled squid-2.6.21 and I have the same performance above.

My machine - Intel Xeon dual processor 3.6GHz with 8GB Ram and 2 disks
146GB in raid 1 on LVM.
/var/sqool/squid - ext3 noatime nodiratime - 20GB
cache_dir coss /var/spool/squid/coss 2048 block-size=512 max-stripe-waste=131072
 max-size=131072
cache_dir aufs /var/spool/squid/aufs 2048 32 256 max-size=50000000
cache_mem 2048 MB
cache_swap_low 95%
cache_swap_high 98%
memory_pools on
memory_pools_limit 5120 MB

I have ntlm authentication in this machine.

Thanks for advice

Marcos