Re: [squid-users] Squid and polygraph

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:37:09 +0800

(gah, why oh why won't gmail do what I said with my damned From:? Oh well..)

2008/7/30 Marcos Dutra <macdutra_at_gmail.com>:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> I saw the cacheboy project, is very intersting but, the code of
> cacheboy has the same features of squid example NTLM auth? With

cacheboy is "just" Squid-2.HEAD with a whole lot of code shuffling.
Squid-2.HEAD should contain all of the 2.7 and 2.6 NTLM authentication
stuff.

> squid-2.6.5 (RHEL 5) in my tests with polymix-1 arrive in 200req/sec
> (COSS + Aufs) but squid performance is very slow to open pages. I
> compiled squid-2.6.21 and I have the same performance above.

Polygraph can apparently speak NTLM authentication now. You may want
to look into that.

The lookup speed may be related to authentication. Have you tried
disabling authentication for a specific desktop machine and try
browsing?

Adrian