Re: [squid-users] Squid and polygraph

From: Marcos Dutra <macdutra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:44:19 -0300

2008/7/30 Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>:
> (gah, why oh why won't gmail do what I said with my damned From:? Oh well..)

Sorry :(

> 2008/7/30 Marcos Dutra <macdutra_at_gmail.com>:
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> I saw the cacheboy project, is very intersting but, the code of
>> cacheboy has the same features of squid example NTLM auth? With
>
> cacheboy is "just" Squid-2.HEAD with a whole lot of code shuffling.
> Squid-2.HEAD should contain all of the 2.7 and 2.6 NTLM authentication
> stuff.

It's cool, I will test cacheboy.

>> squid-2.6.5 (RHEL 5) in my tests with polymix-1 arrive in 200req/sec
>> (COSS + Aufs) but squid performance is very slow to open pages. I
>> compiled squid-2.6.21 and I have the same performance above.
>
> Polygraph can apparently speak NTLM authentication now. You may want
> to look into that.

Yeah, I running polygraph with NTLM for test performance, but I would
like more performance on this server.

> The lookup speed may be related to authentication. Have you tried
> disabling authentication for a specific desktop machine and try
> browsing?

I don't it this yet, but the authentication I think is not a problem,
I will try this.

> Adrian

One question, squid Vs cacheboy comparision which the better?

Thanks
Marcos