Re: [squid-users] Squid and polygraph

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:38:24 +0800

2008/7/30 Marcos Dutra <macdutra_at_gmail.com>:
> Why do you working in two projects?

Personal disagreements with what the current Squid "project direction"
is, for whatever values of "is" it is at the present time.

>>> Yeah, I running polygraph with NTLM for test performance, but I would
>>> like more performance on this server.
>>
>> What metrics are you using for "more performance" ?

> I used basicaly req/sec and conections in port 3128. The time of open
> page in the browser is very important too.

Ok, so what are the median service times in cachemgr:info ?

>> Well, its worth ruling out authentication as a contributing factor.
>> NTLM authentication using Samba isn't the fastest of things..
>

> Why in my tests with polygraph, when "netstat -an |grep 3306| wc" up
> to more 5000 connections and my squid don't open page or if open is
> much slow?

Well, are you hitting 100% CPU when you reach this point?

> When netstat up to 7000 connections, squidclient mgr:info show me
> around 13000 req/minute maximum number.
> After minutes this values down in 1 hour the medium is 8000 req/minute.

Your best bet is to look at the slightly more instantaneous req/sec counts
in mgr:5min.

> Ps. I used your workload in my tests but failed :(. Well see this
> after lunch here!

My workload is just polymix-4! The trick is setting the thing up right.
It took me a few goes!

Adrian