[squid-users] Calling redirect_program only for some users

From: Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.milesi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:50:57 +0200

Hi

I have a working configuration of squid calling squidGuard via
redirect_program on debian, running 2.5.9.

Now, what I need to achieve is to have squid call squidguard only for
some IPs, decided at runtime.
Those IPs are contained in a MySQL db, which I thought to access
through an external_acl_type program done on purpose. I forcedly need
this because IPs can vary in short time (say 20 minutes).

Is something like that possible?
And even more, can the call to redirect_program be conditioned by an
acl? I didn't find any information on this.

Any other suggestion?
I've found recent squidguard can get users from mysql, but it is a
very limited functionality and I believe it's fetched only at startup
and not runtime.

Thanks
lorenzo