[squid-users] Advantages of Squid

From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 04:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello to lists,

I was meeting a consultant to an ISP today who plans to implement a caching solution for his network. I guess they are already impressed with Blue Coats which undoubtedly seems to be a very good product which I have not used or seen physically.

Being a staunch believer of Open source (though not very knowledgeable technically), I am convinced that Squid would also nowhere be less than BlueCoats or any other commercial product. I would seek help from friends who have the knowledge, to share the features of Squid in terms of cache management and why Squid may be better that other caching solutions available in the market. It may be noted that the client is not interested to discuss financial advantage but would be more keen to learn about the technical advantages.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated. I would love to see squid cluster deployed at a site handling around 10Gbps of traffic.

Thanks & Regards,
Bijayant Kumar Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com