[squid-users] Continue download on timeout?

From: Dmitry Negoda <Dmitry.Negoda_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 05:44:23 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a way to make squid to drop download on timeout, then reconnect and
continue from the last position? My provider uses a transparent proxy which
makes connections hang from time to time. While this is not a problem for
download managers, some applications cannot reconnect and continue on such
event. The idea in to install squid locally and use squid as download
manager. I just cannot make it work that way yet...

Thanks.