Re: [squid-users] IMAP support

From: Mark Barlow <squid.users.mailing.list_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:46:28 +0000

Not wishing to sound patronising, but my suggestion would be to not
use Squid to manage all your traffic to the internet. Squid is an
http caching proxy that can also handle https and ftp (kind of) there
is a hell of a lot of internet traffic that is not http. You need a
firewall to control access and a squid box to cache and control web
access.