Re: [squid-users] Recommended Store Size

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:46:52 -0900

Nyamul Hassan wrote:
> Thank you Chris for your response. Greatly appreciate your advise.
>
> However, in our system, the LRU Reference Age is around 3.5 days, and
> our combined cache_dir is 256GB. Does it mean we should upgrade?
>
> Regards
> HASSAN

I can't really give a yes or no answer, as there are a number of factors
at play, including cost, added load on the spindles (drives), memory
constraints, etc. That said, as long as your hit response time is lower
than your current miss response time, adding more cache is not hurting
anything.

Chris