Re: [squid-users] Squid Logging

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:35:40 +1300

Marcello Romani wrote:
> Amos Jeffries ha scritto:
>> Ressa wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering can I made the squid log their activities to the
>>> database server (such as MySQL or something) and is there any tools
>>> can provide information from those database.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> 't would be a rarity. Especially as Squid does not natively support
>> database logging and the daemon is still a relatively new feature.
>>
>> Amos
>
> Hi,
> I have developed a perl script that does just that.
> I have tested it against squid 2.7.head a few months ago, but I think it
> should work fine on any squid version with daemon: feature.
>
> Can I send an attachment to the mailing list or is there a
> better/preferred method for this kind of things ?

Depends on what you want done with it.

If you just want it to be publicly known, mentioning it everywhere like
here is a good start.

If you want it published somewhere like the wiki, I can do that for you.
Or you can get a wiki account setup and add it to the LogDaemon page
yourself.

If you want it included in the Squid sources Henrik and I have different
procedures based on the stability of our branches.

  * For Squid-2 it needs to have a bugzilla as a feature request for
tracking purposes.