Re: [squid-users] Squid Logging

From: Marcello Romani <mromani_at_ottotecnica.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 13:45:02 +0100

Amos Jeffries ha scritto:
> Marcello Romani wrote:

>>> 't would be a rarity. Especially as Squid does not natively support
>>> database logging and the daemon is still a relatively new feature.
>>>
>>> Amos
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have developed a perl script that does just that.
>> I have tested it against squid 2.7.head a few months ago, but I think
>> it should work fine on any squid version with daemon: feature.
>>
>> Can I send an attachment to the mailing list or is there a
>> better/preferred method for this kind of things ?
>>

> Depends on what you want done with it.
>
> If you just want it to be publicly known, mentioning it everywhere like
> here is a good start.
>
> If you want it published somewhere like the wiki, I can do that for you.
> Or you can get a wiki account setup and add it to the LogDaemon page
> yourself.
>
> If you want it included in the Squid sources Henrik and I have different
> procedures based on the stability of our branches.
>
> * For Squid-2 it needs to have a bugzilla as a feature request for
> tracking purposes.
> auditing is still sufficient to get it into 3.2 where daemon will be.
>

> Amos

The script works fine for me, but has received little testing (I dont
run an ISP ;-) so I attach it here so anyone interested can try it. I'm
of course open to suggestions and improvements.

I've seen a page on the squid wiki were log analyzers are listed. It
seeems to me that page is open to contributions, so maybe my script
could be listed there too ? I ask this because the sql scripts that
create the schema also include a number of views that perform some
analysis on the log rows.

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT