Re: [squid-users] cache usage check

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 01:47:31 +1300

sameer shinde wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can any one let me know, how much cache is being used by my squid3, so
> that I can increase/decrease it, if required.
> Currently I've 2GB of cache defined in spool. Is it really required?
> If yes, is it really been using?
>
> When I look into my access log file, I can find most of the time it is
> TCP_MISS/200, TCP_MISS/204, TCP_MISS/304.
>
> How can I measure the performance of my squid proxy server?
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Sameer Shinde.
> M:- +91 98204 61580
> Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.

Using:
   squidclient mgr:info

Look at the section "Cache information for squid"
'Storage Swap size' - the amount of disk space used.
'Storage Swap capacity' - % of the cache_dir that is used or free

the 'Storage mem' entries are same but relevant to the cache_mem value
configured for RAM cache instead of disk caches.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3