Re: [squid-users] cache_object localhost info dosent clear when cache is wiped

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:12:16 +1300

Woodward, Andrew wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I've got a cluster of three squid/3.0.STABLE12 servers that are running
> as reverse proxy accelerators. We periodically update the content that
> the squid servers source and are using the below script to accomplish
> the task. The problem is that when we perform this task, the
> cache_object://localhost/info is not reset. Is there a process to
> clearing the data in this item as well?

The data gets reset every time that particular squid restarts.
I suspect you are not pulling the data from the same cache process that
you are cycling.

> --BlastCache.sh--
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> # File: BlastCache.sh
> # Author: Andrew Woodward
>
> wdir=/usr/local/squid
>

> cdir=${wdir}/var/cache
> mkdir ${cdir}/junk
>
> killall -9 RunCache
>
> ${wdir}/sbin/squid -k shutdown
> sleep 2s
> killall -9 squid
> sleep 2s
>
> mv ${cdir}/?? swap.state* ${cdir}/junk
>
> ${wdir}/sbin/squid -z
> ${wdir}/bin/RunCache &
>
> rm -rf ${cdir}/junk
>
> sleep 3s
> ls -sl ${wdir}/var/cache/swap.state
> ps axl | grep squid
>

> Andrew Woodward

Aha, somebody who actually uses RunCache.

Does "${wdir}/sbin/squid -sY" work for you?
or does it really require RunCache to operate?
I'm looking toward deprecating it in Squid-3

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5