[squid-users] squid 2.6 accelerator mode

From: Pavel Georgiev <neron_at_neron.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:31:45 +0200

I'm trying to get squid to work as a reverse proxy in front of a
single web server which runs domain virtualhosts:

http_port in:80   vhost
cache_peer out    parent    80  0  originserver
'in' is my input address, 'out' is the address of of the web server.

The problem that I have is that each requests takes a considerable
time to process (in which time squid is trying to resolve the Host:
hostname and since I dont have a dns on the squid box, resolve never
succeeds). Eventually the page is served, it just waits through some
timeout on every request. Adding my vhosts to /etc/hosts on the squid
box solves the issue.

Can I have an accelerator for a single backend server with vhosts,
without the need to resolve the Host: header (or if not possible, how
to effectivly workaround it, adding all vhosts to /etc/hosts is not an
option)?