Re: [squid-users] Unsupported methods

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:56:28 +1300 (NZDT)

> Where I can find the type of extension_methods?
>
> "You can add up to 20 additional request "extension" methods here for
> enabling Squid to allow access unknown methods"
>
> But where can I find a list of these methods?

Applications which use non-standard HTTP methods should list them in their
documentation.
The alternative is checking cache.log for the methods name. It should be
output somewhere near or in the message which tells you to use
extension_methods option.

One warning: SIP protocol methods (NICK REGISTER etc) may be seen and
trigger this warning. However even adding them to the list of allowed
methods they will still fail when going through Squid. It's built into the
way SIP works, and the support to handle them properly still needs to be
added to Squid.

Amos