[squid-users] advice

From: Roland Roland <R_O_L_A_N_D_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:46:23 +0300

Hi all,

a few weeks ago I got the task of setting up squid for my company.
I had a network of 94 employee to set this up for ...
I never heard of squid before to b honest, so after researching a bit..
I decided to setup Squid on centos server with wccp /cisco router 2811
though that didn't work out as my cisco ios had a bug tht prevented using
wccp with it..
so I went at setting up two squid servers as our network's gateway with
heartbeart failover solution.. with cisco 2811 in the background facing the
internet.
though that caused a prob for employees connecting through cisco vpn client,
as they had to change their browser settings manually each time.
I admit I went at this the wrong way.. as I mentioned I never heard of squid
before so instead of reading about it I plunged straight into it..
so now It's time to learn about squid the right way as I had lots of help
setting it up from this mailing list..

so not to add more to my email, I'm seeking advice about the proper way to
learn about squid from A to Z if possible...

any advice would be appreciated

thanks in advance,

Roland