Re: [squid-users] Long running squid proxy slows way down

From: Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A. <wh_at_msdrd.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:31:25 -0400

I have a similar setup, squid was slow and crashing when it had a long
time running, crashing every three to six days. I never found out why it
crashed. I looked in the log files and couldn't find anything. It just
crashed for no reason. There are some post to the least about it. I
decided to restart the system everyday from a cron job at 4am. I know
that doesn't sound too stable as I'm running it on a linux box but, it
worked. It hasn't crash ever since.