[squid-users] transparent proxy with Active Directory Login

From: Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:07:14 -0600

OK I got transparent proxy working and I have Active Directory logging
working (the Active directory documents need a little work I'll see if
I can find time to update them. I have it working with centos 5.2 with
setting the proxy in the web browser)
However I was hoping that when I take the proxy option out of the web
browser that it would still use the Active Directory login info. (I
get the default access denied option) Is there a way to get it to use
the automatic ntlm authentication info with a transparent proxy? or
even a way for them to login? Or do I need to create a group policy
and/or tell users how to setup a proxy in all the users computers for
IE and firefox? It is no secret it just seems like a pain in the ass
going around setting it up. And you all know how it is dealing with
users.