[squid-users] Split caching by size

From: Jason Spegal <jspegal_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:49:12 -0400

How do I configure squid to only cache small objects, say less than 4mb
in memory cache, and only objects larger than 4mb to the disk? I want to
optimize the cache based on object size. The reasoning is the small
stuff will change often and be accessed the most while the larger items
that tie up bandwidth will not change as often and I can cache more
aggressively. Also this way I minimize disk io and lag. I am using squid
3.0. While I can see this being done with the disk cache I am not
certain the memory cache can be configured like this anymore as the
options seem to be missing.

Thanks,
   Jason