Re: [squid-users] block a particular country with squid acl

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:59:33 -0800

Benedict simon wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have squid proxy server working fine and all my users goin through squid .
> i would like to block all sites in china and korea since we dont want any
> users going to any of these countries websites cause of the language
> issues and to reduce unneccessary load or attacks ..
>
> we did recently have one
>
> now i was just googlin arround but did not help me much
>
> apprecite if someone can help me how could i do it with squid acl

A quick search for "Chinese netblocks" gives
http://www.okean.com/antispam/sinokorea.html, which has a link to a text
file in CIDR format (http://www.okean.com/sinokoreacidr.txt). Running
that text file through sed (to get rid of the Country associated with
the net block) "sed -e 's/ .*//' netblocks.txt > netblocks-clean.txt"
gives a file fit for use with a "dst" acl, like...

acl apnic dst "/path/to/netblocks-clean.txt"
http_access deny apnic

> thanks in advance
>
> regards
>
> simon

I give no guarantees that this list is complete, or accurate. I found
it on the net, and you use it at your own risk...

Chris