Re: [squid-users] Filter sites containing keywords (not by url)

From: michael hiatt <michael_hiatt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:34:12 +1000

So given that products like dansguardian (assuming this is one solution) (in a school/corp environment) need to be purchased, would the logical choice be to just go and start using Squid 3 with ICAP?I'm a little green on how this works, if theres a link I could visit that explains it in true detail that would be appreciated.Could I still integrate NTLM with squid 3 and ICAP? The NTLM authentication is going to be a deal-breaker for me.
Thanks again for the input.Regards,Michael

Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

> michael hiatt escreveu:

>> Hi guys,

>> Just wondering if its possible using squid (preference to not using

>> any other plugins), to block sites that contain keywords I would place

>> in a file.

>> I have used url_regex to filter the urls that contain keywords, I want

>> to actually test the contents of the page being loaded (the text,

>> pictures would be a whole other beast).

> without any external software, squid cannot content-analyze the

> fetched HTMLs. It can, as you know, analyze URLs, paths, ports, ip

> addresses, and other http-related stuff.

> to analyze content of fetched HTMLs, you'd probably need some

> external software, probably used as redirectors, with squid.

Or Squid-3 with its ICAP/eCAP content filtering abilities ;)

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1