Re: [squid-users] Filter sites containing keywords (not by url)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 22:42:01 +1200

michael hiatt wrote:
> So given that products like dansguardian (assuming this is one
> solution) (in a school/corp environment) need to be purchased, would
> the logical choice be to just go and start using Squid 3 with
> ICAP?I'm a little green on how this works, if theres a link I could
> visit that explains it in true detail that would be appreciated.Could
> I still integrate NTLM with squid 3 and ICAP? The NTLM authentication
> is going to be a deal-breaker for me. Thanks again for the
> input.Regards,Michael

AFAIK dansguardian works as a secondary proxy chained off Squid. No ICAP
involved, though other things like AV scanners may need it.

It's easy enough to change Squid versions during testing phase if one
version is not up to the task.

NTLM auth of clients to authenticate with the proxy is supported in all
current Squid. 3.0 is only missing the bit which lets you authenticate
against external websites using client machine NTLM credentials. It's on
3.1 instead (which while we recommend testing it first, is ready for
limited production uses).

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1