Re: [squid-users] direct access for local intranet urls

From: Benedict simon <simon_at_kmun.gov.kw>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:00:26 +0300 (AST)

> On 27.05.09 18:55, RoLaNd RoLaNd wrote:
>> Subject: [squid-users] direct access for local intranet urls
>
>> i'm not sure how to do this, though i want to make sure that my local
>> intranet sites aren't cached with squid.

if you need to bypass the squid server and access your local internet
sites there are 2 ways

1) in your browser use option bypass local sites and specify the sites to
be bypassed which is very immature

2) the professiona; way is using a proxy.pac file which i been using since
we have over 1000 users
and about a dozen intranet servers

regards

simon